Friday, June 20, 2008

What A Day

Wow. Today has just sucked! I have great things to write about our last week in Ft. Lauderdale, but that's for when I am a little more upbeat.

Today we had to travel from Lauderdale to Orlando, with a sound check scheduled for 6:00pm in Orlando. We all had rental cars in Lauderdale, and were told we simply had to leave the keys at the front desk and Enterprise would come get all of them, as we have done in the past. Oh no. We get word yesterday that we all have to wake up early and drive them back to the airport, before we depart for Orlando. Now I can not really complain here, because I drove with a friend instead of taking the bus, so I didn't have to worry about hauling ass (pardon me) back to the hotel to make bus call. But still. Pain. And then I actually went to National to return the car instead of Enterprise (in my defense their logos are both green) and totally unloaded all my luggage, strapped it all together, and then the dude told me I was at the wrong company. Really?!

We hit a little traffic on the way to Orlando, but nothing too bad. My friend Doc and I got to the La Quinta (Spanish for hole in the wall), checked in, and ew. Just not nice. You know when you are surrounded by pawn shops and check cashing places that you are not in the best area of town. And the room was kind of nasty. What ever. I unpack, organize life in my room for the weekend, and decide to read and take a nap. (I was up until about 4am watching Weeds season 3 on DVD). Oh, but I had to wait to do that until maintenance came to fix my leaky toilet. Anyway, apparently I was sleeping when I received a text that we were moving to a different hotel because this one was so bad. No one's fault, but no one called me. I'm not on a "phone tree" because I'm not cast, not really crew. Kind of get lost in the middle somewhere. Got the text at 4:40 that we were leaving at 5:00.

To fast forward: I helped plan a party for the entire company tonight here in Orlando, with the theatre. I'm supposed to look nice, and take care of everyone tonight. Haha! You should have seen me. My hair was up with chlorine in it from the pool YESTERDAY, and I forgot my entire bathroom bag hanging on the door hook in the hotel in Lauderdale. I was in a mood, let me tell you.

I decided to just bring my luggage to the theatre, and used Corey's dressing room to fix myself the best I could. Pulled a dress out of my suitcase, washed my hair in the sink with hotel shampoo and conditioner, threw myself together in about 20 minutes. While on the phone figuring out transportation for everyone for the party tonight. And did I mention I had to set up merch before the doors opened?

I think we all need this party tonight more than we thought we would.

Life on the road.....

A picture of my friends kid, showing how I feel right about now. He's hilarious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment