Monday, June 9, 2008

A Week in the South

We have been in the South for a few weeks now, and lucky for me, my good friends who have moved away from Cleveland all moved down here. This is definitely one of the perks of touring- visiting with friends and family in other cities that I might not otherwise see.

Chattanooga was first- Dana and Jason moved there a few years ago, and I have visited a few times. I think it's so darn cute there. They bought a great house outside of town, have a boat, and have really made a great life for themselves. Dana picked me up in the afternoon, we went to lunch and hung out, met Jason for dinner, and then went out for drinks. The night with my JCS friends out with us turned out to be rather interesting (and fun)!
Next was Charlotte- Lindsay and Nick, Zack and Emily, and Miller all live there. They always talk about how great Charlotte is, and they are right! The downtown is awesome. So many restaurants, young people, clean. Loved it. I met them for dinner at and Irish place called Ri Ra right next to the theatre. Not gonna lie- I was kind of hung over the day we met, so it took a lot for me to walk into the door of that place. :) The girls had their conversation going on (babies, boys and jobs) and they guys were in their own world. Probably politics and golf. Loved the night.And last but not least was Savannah- Jenny and Patrick moved there and opened a restaurant in December. WOW is it a beautiful town! The moss on the trees, the old Georgia homes. But an even bigger WOW is how damn hot it was there. Kind of unbearable. Their restaurant was by chance practically next to the theatre, so some of us went there for dinner after the show. It's called Noble Fare, which is Danish for Patrick and Jennifer. I think. To say it was excellent is an understatement. Jenny decorated it in her Jenny way (think black and white and pink) and Patrick has created a menu that in untouchable. Even though they usually close at 10:30, they stuck around until 12:30 because they live upstairs, and fed us wine and martinis and desserts. Mind you, we have also hit Nashville, Charleston, Birmingham and Fayetteville during this time. Whew!

I was so grateful to have a taste of home during the past week or so. Things have been a little rough lately, but my girls helped put a smile on my face! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You sound like you're having a great time in the south! We'll miss you at Brendan's birthday party!! :-( Have fun wherever you're headed!

    ReplyDelete