Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Rainbow Connection

I think that many of you who read this blog are family members, extended family members, or are married to family members. You'll get this. For those friends out there reading, you might not. :)

Today I was flying from Montgomery, AL to Tampa, FL. We had a layover in Charlotte, and it was just one of those travel days. The connecting flight was over sold, we were delayed, people were grouchy, the plane was hot... the problem was that we were delayed once we were ON the plane, not at the gate. So we all had to sit on the runway in the hot Charlotte heat for about two hours. I guess it was due to storms in Tampa.

Anyway, I just got to thinking while I was listening to my iPod. My mind has been rather heavy lately. For some reason I have been thinking about kids and family a lot. I seem to be surrounded by them, and the happiness and joy they bring to the people who have them. And I'm just so far away from having that. I have been thinking about relationships lately. Some of mine have been confusing and difficult recently. There were some people from the military on my plane, and people were shaking their hands and thanking them. It made me think about my cousin and all he has gone through. And I'm reading a book called Promise the Moon that is about a military family that is actually kind of depressing. For some reason, my mind would just not stop on this plane ride.

As we were landing, I looked out the window at the hazy sky and I see a gigantic rainbow. It was so cool to see it from a little higher up, above ground level. I have not seen one that I can think of in years. I actually said it out loud, and people started looking out their windows too. It cleared my mind a bit, and made me realize that it will all be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment