Monday, June 23, 2008

Lauderdale

This one is a bit overdue, but better late than never!

We spent a week in Ft. Lauderdale, and it was honestly just great. The theatre was nice, it was in a great location, we had rental cars, and we had a day off while we were there. We were actually staying in Plantation, which was about 15 minutes from downtown Ft. Lauderdale. It was the first time that I can remember ever being there without my grandfather, so it was a little weird at first! I took my friends to all of our 'spots' to try and make up for it.
On Monday, our day off, a few of us decided to go down to the beach on A1A (beach front avenue!) and do the whole tanning/swimming/lunch thing. It was sunny for about an hour and a half before the lifeguards told us to "seek shelter across the street" around 1:00. Well what's across the street? A strip of bars of course! We had lunch and frozen cocktails overlooking the ocean. Life was good.

We laughed so hard- squirting Corona lime juice!

After a much needed nap on our day off, we (and I mean 40 of us) went to Hibachi for Matthew's 30th birthday! It was one of the few times I can think of on tour where we pretty much ALL went somewhere together. Even Jesus came. :)


The rest of the week was just nice. I found a really dangerous outlet mall that I never knew existed before down there, called Sawgrass Mills. Like BA said, we have probably been better off not knowing about it. I mean, GOOD stuff. They had your typical outlet stores, but they also had heavenly places like Burberry, Theory, Kate Spade, Saks, Nordstrom, Movado... the place was an absolute city! It took me about 15 minutes to drive around the perimeter of the entire thing (to figure out what area I wanted to spend my two free hours in). If they were smart, they would put a hotel there, because you could really spend days going through the bargains. Unfortunately, even at outlet prices, some of the stuff was still totally out of my league, but I did buy myself a coat that I love. And then I made myself get in the car and leave before more damage was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment