Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wal-Mart

When I am at home, I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart. I think they are terrible. They close down local businesses, and in my opinion are practically a monopoly.

That being said, Wal-Mart night on the road is the best night of the month! When you live like this, you have no car, and most downtown areas near theatres do not have a CVS or a grocery store. So The Jesus Bus and the Crew Bus stop when needed, on the way out of Anytown U.S.A. Last night was our first night on our NEW buses (which are right out of Cribs- I will try and post photos this week) and we just needed general stock. Bottled water, some food, toiletries, etc.

You walk into Wal-Mart and it is unreal how big it is. The ones that are open 24 hours have a full grocery store as well as the regular store. I told myself I was only going to get what I needed, and $85 dollars later I walked out. That place is dangerous! I got some fruit, everything I need to make the best turkey sandwiches ever, chips, and microwave soups. I then hit the bathroom section, stocked up on shaving cream, soap, and shampoo, laundry detergent, (never know when you'll be able to get more) and then decided I needed socks, a new curling iron, some makeup... ugh.

I will continue to hate Wal-Mart, but they sure to make life easy for us bus riders! Sam Walton is now a few dollars richer because of me.

PS- I just realized I forgot deodorant. Darn. Oh, and mustard. Darn.

1 comment:

  1. WalMart, Target... they all love to take our money! And we willingly give it every time :-) Your blog is great, I love reading it! I feel like I actually know what you're up to now!

    ReplyDelete