Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas at home




I was so lucky to be able to go home for Christmas this year- I had horrible flight times, but it was SO worth it! I stayed at my mom's house instead of mine, to put myself in the "Christmas Spirit". I just felt like my house would be a bit empty because I have not been home for a month, and didn't have any decorations or anything up. Plus, it was really nice to stay with my mom and Ernie and BA- I didn't have to bring a lot of stuff home because I just borrowed theirs!


Christmas Eve BA and I went to Gamekeepers with Poppy and my dad, then to Poppy's house for the night. We do an exchange between all of us where we pick names, and I was Santa for the night. Hanging out at Poppy's is always so much fun- the five cousins hang out and we played Trivia this year (one of the gifts I bought for PJ).


Christmas day was crazy! Poppy's for breakfast, my mom's in the afternoon for presents, then over to Kubach's for the night. It was so much fun- Susan's house is always decorated like something out of a magazine, and Brendan is such a riot. I definitely cleaned up in the gift department- everyone got me the BEST gifts this year! It's hard when you are living on the road because if anything, you need less than you have, not more. I got very practical things, and nice things that I can use when I get home.


I have posted a few pictures above from my few days home- I have not mastered the captions, but I am working on it!


Over and out from San Diego!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shan! Just read your entire blog! I love it! I will definitely check a few times a week for new posts. I'm glad you're doing this! Take care!! Heather

    ReplyDelete