Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ghost Singers


I learned something new today that I thought I would share, from Ted and Corey. They have been in this business for a long time, and it's so interesting to learn the ins and outs from them.


We were talking about Miley Cyrus and how unbelieveable it is that she has sold out all of these shows at such a young age. I wondered out loud if she sang live at her concerts, or lip synched. I then asked Corey if there is a machine that exists so that when someone sings into it live, they sound better to the audience. (There is- it fixes your pitch). This conversation eventually led to Madonna. I said, "you can TELL she's not lip synching because it sounds live, but I just don't understand how she can dance and not lose her breath". They kind of laughed, and explained Ghost Singers to me....


Turns out that a lot of acts have singers that sound very similar to them who are on tour with them. These people act as "backup" singers, but it is really THEIR VOICE you hear sometimes live! Mick Jagger, Madonna, and Cher were all confirmed today. The woman who is Cher's ghost was found at a Vegas show impersonating her- next thing you know, she is a backup singer. This makes complete sense to me- you won't get busted for being a fake, the voice sounds real, and you can still dance. Obviously the Britney Spears of the world don't use this, but the legendary singers/entertainers do.

Pretty interesting, huh?

PS- I am in Des Moines, IA. Nothing too special. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment