Monday, January 28, 2008

Vacation (or lack there of)

Well, after a whole week of vacation from tour, we are back out on the road. It went like this:

Last Sunday, I flew from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale to spend three nights with my grandfather. I am SO happy I went! However, I had to work every day because even though I am not getting paid, no one emailing me outside of the company knows that, so I have to check email and messages or else I look bad. :) Heidi got in a little fender bender while I was there, so we spent a lot of time chasing down Raj, her rear-ender, all over Lauderdale. I think it will all wind up OK. The penthouse they rented is beautiful- it's bigger than my house! We ate great dinners in, enjoyed each other's company, and relaxed.

Thursday I flew to Cleveland, and went strait from the airport to my mom's house, where Kubach's, Darrel, and his parents were waiting to have dinner, and play a little LCR (one of my favorite dice games). I didn't win the pot, but I guess you can't win 'em all!

Friday was four appointments, then a quick dinner with my mom and Ernie. Saturday was two appointments, dinner with Matt and Megan, and RAIN, a Beatles cover band that was playing downtown. It was awesome! We scored free tickets through work, and had no idea what to expect. It was like we were at a Beatles concert- people were standing up and screaming for Paul and John. :)

Sunday Darrel and I picked up our rental car, drove from Cleveland to Terre Haute, slept in the GROSSEST HOTEL EVER, and finished our drive to Columbia, MO this morning.

700 miles later, here we are. And I wonder why I didn't write this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment