Sunday, August 22, 2010

Polished and Perfect in Huron

There was a little (but great) wood boat show last weekend in Huron, OH which is near Sandusky. My family has a Lyman from the 60's that we are trying to sell, so we brought it up there, put it on display, and enjoyed looking at the other boats. It has spent it's life in Georgian Bay in Ontario, so it was kind of weird to see it here.

Lyman was a company in the Sandusky area for many years (starting in the 20's), and they only made wood boats. Similar to Chris Crafts, which I think were more popular. I used to make fun of my dad for how perfect the "Chuck Full" was after it was restored. No shoes on the boat, don't touch the varnish, etc. You know what? Everyone else at the show was the same way! And I will say- the older I get, the more I appreciate these boats and love them. Too bad I would be way to scared to drive one of them or dock one of them. I am literally a horrible boat docker.

Enjoy some photos from our afternoon!





This is pretty much my dream boat. It took three years to restore it!






No comments:

Post a Comment