Sunday, August 22, 2010

Midwest Road Trip

Last week and weekend, Kevin and I went on a little road trip adventure. We have driven SO MUCH this summer it's crazy. A few trips to NC, a few trips to Canada, NYC, Ithaca. And have I even mentioned that neither of us have air conditioning in our cars? I've adjusted, but not so much last week on our trip. The average temperature was like 95.

Anyway, we left on a Wednesday, and were home on a Monday. In that time, we drove from Cleveland to Chicago to Springfield (IL) to St. Louis back to Springfield back to Cleveland. That is a grand total of almost 1,400 miles in five days. Which I drove zero of. And, we only stayed in a hotel one night! Thanks friends and family. :)

I was able to visit both of my college roommates, and Kevin was able to see his brother and a lot of his aunts, uncles and cousins.

Everything about the trip was perfect, until the very end. We were a few exits away from home, and the freeway was shut down due to a gas truck dumping over. Of course we were ON the freeway when this happened (they quickly blocked off all of the on ramps to avoid more cars backing up). I of course had decided to drink coffee and water, and was just dying sitting in the car, and we were extremely low on gas. The police started turning everyone around to head in the opposite direction one by one to get us off the closed road. It took us an extra two hours to get home, and I can now say that I have used the side of 271N as a bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment