Saturday, April 25, 2009

Little Rock, AR

This past week we spent four days in Little Rock, AR. I was really pumped to go there because it's actually a city we have never been to before. Turns out it was really nice!


The weather was beautiful the entire time we were there. In the 70's and 80's, and sunny! Tuesday morning I had to wake up at 5:30 to go out and do TV and radio with a few of our cast members. Even though it was way too early (my normal bedtime is around 2am), it was nice to drive around the city (and the suburbs) and check out things other than what I could walk to from our hotel. The PR girl I worked with there was a lot of fun- she told us the places we needed to check out! One of the TV interviews was at a farmer's market, right on the Arkansas River. I bought myself a little handmade bread basket from one of the dudes there. Souvenir memories!


They had amazing bars in Little Rock. Like a whole street of them, right down by the water. One night we went to a dueling piano bar. It kind of became a karaoke bar/open mic night when we arrived though- fun none the less!

Another great place we went was called the Cajun Wharf restaurant. I heard about it, and Darrel, Haley and myself decided to give it a go. It wound up being a three story PARTY on the Arkansas River. No lie- this place was packed! Awesome view, good music, and a huge drink with a jar we could take home! :)




The tourism office of Little Rock was nice enough to offer us free passes to go to the Clinton Library and Museum. Darrel and I decided to walk (bad idea) there and check it out. It was a little further than we thought it was going to be! It was an interesting place to check out, but we were in and out in about a half hour. It has a bunch of artifacts from his time in office, gifts he was given, letters of correspondence from his terms, pictures, etc. It also had a replica of the Oval Office. That might have been the only really cool thing there (at least in my opinion). Maybe it's too recent in history for me to really care?

1 comment:

  1. The Clinton museum came off as a castle of propaganda. Like, "Come see how WE think YOU should remember this president... and pay us for the right to do so!" (Well, we didn't pay, but you know what I mean)

    Also, I could not focus on the material in front of me in the great hall of tv monitors. And, each little area had so much crap in the windows, it was overwhelming. The curators did not do a good job, in my inexperienced opinion, of narrowing down the info. They just threw it ALL up there or you to stare at and walk by.

    And Peter Max? Why not have TGI Fridays curate your rotating exhibits?

    ReplyDelete