Saturday, April 11, 2009

HAIR!

We are in Newark, NJ for almost a WEEK! Unheard of. Newark kind of sucks, but we can take the train to NYC in about 20 minutes, so that makes up for the little ghetto we are in right now.

We had Wednesday night off, so we of course were busy making plans to go to NY and enjoy a night there. Our friend Craig has a connection with the new Broadway show HAIR (well, old, but new) and got us four tickets for Wednesday night. Then we got three more tickets, and then someone else got three tickets! So we had a little HAIR night together.


I didn't know much about the show, other than it took place during Vietnam, they were a bunch of hippies, and people got naked. Darrel filled me in a little before we went. It was just amazing. The energy the actors gave off was like nothing I have ever seen in a show. They come down into the audience singing, and really make you feel like you are a part of the show, rather than just watching the show. I loved the music, the costumes, the story- everything!


After the show, we went to a bar around the corner for dinner, and to meet up with a few friends from tours past. We all starting talking, drinking, went to another bar, and the next thing you know, it is like 4:00 in the morning! That's the thing about New York- everything closes so late that you don't realize what time it is. And we were having so much fun with our tour friends that it just flew by. Oops.



We realized we had to leave, and a few people thought they knew where an open train station was to get us back to Jersey. They definitely exist, but we had a hard time finding one. About 25 blocks later, Darrel and I bargained with a cab driver, and hopped in his car to get back. Our friends eventually found one and made it back on the train.


As much fun as I had on Wednesday, once again, I have proven to myself that New York City is just not my thing. I had a hard time with the mass amounts of people, stepping around people, my purse getting knocked around, the traffic. I guess I'm an Ohio girl at heart. :)
On a side note, just a little shout out to Darrel- his 31st birthday was yesterday! We celebrated by going to HAIR, and we are planning on dinner together on Sunday night, and going back into the City on Monday. He seems to squeeze a full week out of his birthday every year, but hey- I'm right there having fun with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment