Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day


We had a show in Hamilton, Ontario on Valentine's Day, so Darrel and I decided to celebrate one day early since we had the night of the 13th off. At first I had said I didn't want to exchange gifts, and we should just go do dinner. (I said this as we were walking around a Wal-Mart in Wisconsin, thinking, "I'm never going to find him something on tour"). Well, then we went to Indianapolis, they had a Nordstrom, and I changed my mind when I found this awesome purple and white paisley shirt. Poor Darrel. :)

We found a really great steakhouse in Hamilton called The Keg. Not a very romantic name, but the food was really good. After, we took a cab to this tiny little bar downtown I had read about called the Pheasant Plucker Inn. Strange name, I know, but we had fun. I still just can not get OVER the prices up here. A draft beer is like $6, and with the fees we pay for the cards to exchange, or the ATM fees, everything winds up costing us more American than it does Canadian! Who can afford this place!?

Anyway, we had a nice night, he got his shirt (wrapped in Nordstrom tissue because I never found a card store), and I got new Burberry perfume! I hope that you all had a nice day with the ones you love as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love Darrel's new shirt!! Good for you for working out, and good for Darrel for trying to quit!! See you next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete