Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Kind Of Town...

Chicago Is!

What a FUN week in Chicago! Oprah was just the beginning of a great week with friends and family. Early in the week I caught up with my friend Allyson from high school. We have not seen each other in about four years. But thanks to the internet, we have kept in touch. I was also able to meet up with my friend Matt from high school, and his wife Lori. He gave me a great tour of Chicago at night, driving all around the city to show me the sights. While I have been there a few times before, it was nice to see it with a good tour guide.

Darrel and I decided to have lunch at the top of the Hancock Building, which is pictured below. Matt gave me a heads up on this one- you have to pay $12 a person to get to the top observatory floor, but if you go to lunch, it's about $15 and the same view. We were SO high! the restaurant is on the 84th floor.
Thursday I went to visit my cousin Jon and his family, about an hour and a half outside of town. I took the train to get there, and was very proud of myself for getting on the right one. Rachel made dinner (which was great, because it was the first time I had not eaten in a restaurant in about a month), we hung out, and watched Lost. Because I am obsessed and could not miss an episode. It was so fun to see their little one, Tanner. He is the happiest baby I have ever met!

My cousins Heather and Kelly came to town on Friday afternoon, so we could have a fun little girls weekend. I got all of my work out of the way in the morning, and we spend the afternoon shopping on Michigan. Then after a long afternoon of shopping, we went to go see Wicked! All of us absolutely LOVED it. It is so clever, and so well done. Heather said she wanted to go back on Saturday. :) We went out with Darrel and some other friends after the show, and stayed out a bit too late...
Saturday, Darrel and I met up with my friend Katy (from Arizona State), her husband, and her daughter. She is expecting another little one around Memorial Day. I had not seen her in two years- I could not believe how her little daughter Natalia has grown up! We went to the Park City Grill, right in Millenium Park by the outdoor skating rink. We made it an early lunch, and I spent the rest of the afternooon working at the hotel. Nothing too exciting, and I was kind of shopped-out by then anyway.
Saturday night was dinner with some of Heather's friends, a party, and the bars. Matt met up with us again for a fun night in Old Town.
All in all, it was one of the best weeks I have had on tour. I was so happy I could fit everyone in around work. I didn't sleep much, but it was worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment