Sunday, February 24, 2008

OPRAH!!!




I have been in Chicago all week, and what a week it has been! I will write more later what I have seen and done, but the BIGGEST and BEST part of the week was going to see the Oprah show! I was lucky enough to get four tickets for the Tuesday taping. We picked names out of a hat, and three of our cast members came along with me. We bought new outfits, Jason made up an Oprah song- the days leading up to it were almost as fun as the actual experience.


We had absolutely no idea what show we would be seeing. It could have been Dr. Oz, or I divorced my husband day, or Gayle talks all day. But I got a call early on Tuesday telling us to dress like we were going to the finale of Dancing With The Stars. We sill had no idea (but Jason was really hoping Marie Osmond was going to be there. We arrived at the studio around 12:30, waiting in line for a long time to get through security, then waiting in a room for over an hour. They slowly started to call names to be seated, and when we walked in the studio, it was so cool! They had re-created the DWTS set! We found out that four past champions were there (all of them performed) and the entire NEW cast would be announced as well. They were all there! I was so star struck I think I had stars in my eyes. For some reason Priscilla Presley got to me the most. I could not believe I was sitting next to the wife of Elvis!


We were a bit disappointed with Oprah herself- you would think from watching the show that she would be interactive with the audience and very friendly. When the cameras were off, she was simply very business-like. No smiles, no fun. But hey- who cares!? The whole day was wonderful, and it is a great memory.

Unfortunately, no matter how many smiles we flashed, no matter how much the new outfits cost, no matter how many laughs we laughed, we were not shown when the episode aired. I guess that Drew Lachey and Kristi Yamaguchi are more important than we are! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment