Wednesday, March 23, 2011

St. Patty's Day

I didn't realize when I decided to take a week off that it fell over St. Patrick's Day. But I was so happy when I discovered that it did! Cleveland rocks on St. Patty's Day. Unlike other cities, we actually celebrate on that day, not over the weekend. So 100,000 people take off work, skip school, and leave the kids home with the grandparents to go downtown and party!


I literally live right on the only tiny public transportation system in the city. It takes you from my door, to Public Square downtown. PERFECT for these rare party days! The rapid is pretty nasty on the way home though- a lot of the cars were closed due to garbage, beer spills, and god knows what else.


The greatest thing about the day was how many people I was able to see. Old family friends, past co-workers, family, babies, friends- it was such a fun day. I did call it early this year and headed home before it got dark. I stuck to a few beers during the fun daytime hours. I have learned that if I stay after the sun goes down, I don't want to get out of bed when the sun comes up the next day. :)

Chrissy and I. Or as Poppy would say, Rump Roast and I!

Krista and I at the parade. Which really kind of sucked.

An old friend from back in my restaurant days- Damon!

East 4th madness.

Not the best pic, but Brooke is all decked out for St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment