Friday, March 11, 2011

Grand Rapids, MI

Last week in Grand Rapids was great. Minus the horrible rainy snowy weather. My stepsister, Alisa, and her fiance live there, so I finally had something to look forward to!

Alisa came to pick me up on Wednesday just to hang out at her house, eat lunch, and do laundry. I had an entire suitcase of dirty clothes that had piled up. She lives in Ada, MI and it was SO CUTE there! There was a little town with old houses turned into shops and delis, parks, covered bridges, etc. I'm sure when it is not covered in 3000 feet of snow it is even cuter. And her dogs are hilarious. I am not a dog person. Not even a little. But they have a Pug and an Irish Bulldog, and they are seriously like having children. Pure entertainment.

I was excited about being able to hang out in a house rather than a hotel, but what was even better was that my mom and Ernie were coming to visit for the weekend! I have been having a really hard time on this tour lately and have just wanted to go home, so it was nice to have home come to me for a few days. I went grocery shopping (with no coupons, which was kind of a big deal for me) and Kevin and I took breakfast over to Alisa's house on Saturday morning. We got to use a real kitchen and eat real food that didn't come from a restaurant. It's the little things when you live like this that can make you so happy. Then my mom and Alisa came to see Grease while the boys went to Home Depot, and we all met for dinner on Saturday night. Of course Alisa's fiance knew about a cigar bar that was next door, so we dragged Ernie and my mom there until like 1am. I thought Ernie would for sure fall asleep on the big couch he was sitting on, but he made it. Rock stars.

Overall, Grand Rapids is a really fun town. And, I was able to see where Alisa and Pearson live. I'll be visiting again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment