Friday, March 6, 2009

Jackson, MS

This week we spent a few days in Jackson, MS. Honestly, not one of my favorite places. But the weather was nice, so Darrel and I took some time to walk around one afternoon.
Jackson is the capitol of Mississippi. That being said, it pretty much means that there is NOTHING to do in the downtown area. All of their government buildings are there, and there are about a million churches. I ate Whataburger two nights in a row, if that tells you anything! Even though there is not much to do, it is a pretty place to walk around- the architecture, parks and landscaping were way better than the snow and cold we have recently been in!
The main reason I did not like Jackson is because I did not feel safe there. Someone had been shot right next to our hotel a few days before we got there, and I was approached by a man while I was loading the bus at night, and I had to scream for Darrel and our friend Ethan to make him turn around and walk the other way. We pretty much just locked ourselves into where ever we were, ate fast food, and watched movies and TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment