Saturday, March 7, 2009

Atlanta, GA

As I was writing the title to this blog, I realized that I already posted about Atlanta when we visited for a week last year. But sorry- you get it again. :)
We were there for the day on Thursday, and I realized that the King Tut exhibit was in town at the Civic Center. Some people in my office were nice enough to set aside six tickets for the exhibit (it is produced from our offices in Cleveland) with the audio tour, AND the 3-D movie! I had seen it once before, in Lauderdale, years ago. But my phone rang for work the whole time I was there, so I was thrilled to see it again and turn OFF my cell phone. We learned so much about ancient Egypt, the Pharaohs, mummification, and of course, Tut himself. It's amazing how the artifacts have stayed in almost perfect shape, for 3,000 years.


After the exhibit, we walked to a nearby restaurant and had appetizers and a few beers. It was nice, sunny, and warm- something we had not been around for too long!



Last time we were in Atlanta, Darrel and I found this little funky French restaurant, called Anis Bistro. I found it through my Continental dining program, and we loved it. It is an old house in a residential neighborhood. We had recommended it to some tour friends, and wound up sitting next to them at dinner. They ordered a bottle of wine for us, we both had salads, I had veal, and Darrel had osso bucco. Little did we know that they had picked up our WHOLE CHECK! Too nice of them.


And did I mention that thanks to Google maps, Darrel and I took public transportation all day?! We were staying on the outskirts of Atlanta, and we figured out cabs would have been about $100 for the whole day. Our cost? $8.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment