Monday, July 1, 2013

Blossom Weekend 2013

Sometimes I just love small town America. Even though I live in Cleveland and take full advantage of the city, we have so many smaller communities around town that give you a sense of being in a much smaller place. So once again, I was looking forward to my favorite weekend of the year in Chagrin Falls, OH. Blossom Time!

As we have gotten older, the dynamic of the weekend has definitely changed. Not for better, not for worse, just different. Instead of focusing on keg parties and bars (however, don't be fooled), we enjoy seeing the kids watching the parade, getting candy, riding rides, and eventually, going home to a babysitter! Then the fun begins!

This year I went to a fantastic party on Saturday night with different musicians and tons of fun people. And a crazy amount of food. Three of the girls I was with were pregnant so it was a bit more low-key, but they still stuck it out and went to the Greenville after the party. One till 1am! Impressive! Sunday was parade day and I was able to see so many people who I have known and loved for many years, which is the main reason I love the whole weekend.

 Overall, another successful Memorial Day weekend was had in Chagrin Falls!
At the Murphy Jam on Saturday night

Dana and Sydney enjoying Sydney's first ride ever!  She loved it!

Parade time



No comments:

Post a Comment