Friday, April 6, 2012

Cleveland Wine Club

Well, it certainly took me long enough (over a month) to finally do something with this wine group that I joined, but I finally went to an event with the Cleveland Wine Club this week.  I really didn't know what to expect. I had no idea what kind of people would be there and if going alone was normal or weird. So I just sucked it up and walked in the door of a place a half hour away from home that I had never been to before, called Brother's Lounge.

It was really fun! There was a little bit of everything. Most people had similar "stories" about why they had joined. They were single and their friends had families and kids, they were interested in going out more than their friends, they were recently divorced, just moved here, etc. I met some really nice people and learned about some other fun groups. I joined a hiking club based on some suggestions I got while I was there, and won a bottle of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment